I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m really bad at describing the performance of systems and individual components, but here goes………
The following are observations that have been consistently observed over several months.
1) Incredibly deep sound stage; when the tympani drums are positioned 40 feet behind the concert master, the Quintets very easily recreate the full 40’ depth of the orchestra in my listening room; it’s quite impressive
2) Sound stage width that is spot on accurate; having seen Trevor Pinnock and the English Concert many times back in the 80’s and 90’s, I am very familiar with their customary stage set; the Quintets can reproduce their stage positions with precision; their mid-80’s recording of Handel’s Water Music Suites is a perfect example—every instrument is positioned exactly where they were positioned in live performances
3) Sound stage height is beyond compare; the ability of the Quintets to accurately portray height is uncanny; it is my opinion that this is one of many performance aspects that makes music played through the Quintets seem more real and alive than every previous speaker system I have owned, including three other large speaker systems each of which now retails between $15,000 and $20,000 a pair
4) Individual singer’s and player’s positions are clearly defined and rock solid; there is no shifting of positions as I have experienced with most of my previous speakers
5) Singers and instruments are presented as truly life size; not too big and not too small, but actual size; violins are violin sized and double basses are six feet tall; Marshall stacks sound and feel like Marshall stacks
6) Instruments and singers are full and real sounding; take the trombone solos on Dick Hyman’s recording, From the Age of Swing……..they sound completely real……big, full bodied, powerful, rich, muscular….as if a great trombone player is live in the room; it’s shocking and thrilling
cialis cheap fast They have found the PDE5 body enzyme to be produced, and the body flourishes in the mean time. More drastically, inflatable or rigid penile implants may be fitted cheap viagra from uk surgically. Other males fighting with different cardiovascular disease notice less effective results of this medication on the first stage of their treatment of erectile deficiency. viagra sales in india for cardiovascular health:This medicine was earlier used to treat cardiovascular problems in patients. ED can be caused due cheap cialis viagra to various reasons like bad habits (excessive intake of alcohol, poor diet, junk foods), sedentary lifestyle, environmental and social factors, genetics, lack of exercises, stress, chronic diseases and growing age. 7) When singers are closely miked and accompanied by simple acoustic instruments, every minute detail is heard including but not limited to rustling clothing, inhaling breath, exhaling breath, lips sticking together, saliva baldness sloshing, very low level moans and groans not previously heard; what is heard in the way of piano action noises on a typical closely mic’d piano recording is a bit unsettling— creaking, squeaking, rubbing, etc.—all of this really causes me to question the whole concept of close miking, but the Quintets do allow you to hear all of it
8) Music from the Baroque, Classical, and Romantic periods is beautifully reproduced in a most real manner; I can’t tell you how many times I have been moved to tears the past few months….it happens almost daily…..it is so easy to get fully caught up in the music and drift away into a dream world……so much fun
9) You want to rock out? The Quintets will do it as well as speaker I have ever heard; beyond concert level volumes can easily be achieved with my Decware CSP3 preamp feeding a 20 watt Decware Torii Jr. stereo power amp, and they do it with the cleanest, distortion free reproduction imaginable
10) On lesser quality recordings, the Quintets make listening far more tolerable than than any other highly resolving speakers I’ve heard
I could easily go on and on about the innumerable positive performance attributes of the Quintets—my conclusion is that they are great speakers capable of creating a very real illusion of musicians and singers being present.
All of these observations have been made while using stock PAP crossover parts and stock stranded copper wiring. I’m actually tempted to not begin subbing in upgraded crossover components, but that’s not in my nature and I will likely begin the upgrade process soon. I’ll report back when I do so.
These are fantastic speakers at the $10,000 mark! I am having the most fun I’ve ever had listening to music! And thanks so much for providing some of the best customer service in the world! It has been a true pleasure and an honor working with you!
Doug[av_image src=’http://www.pureaudioproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Quintet15-Horn1-Open-Baffle-Speakers-by-PureAudioProject-DS-US-BL-LR.jpg’ attachment=’11260′ attachment_size=’full’ align=’center’ styling=” hover=” link=” target=” caption=” font_size=” appearance=” overlay_opacity=’0.4′ overlay_color=’#000000′ overlay_text_color=’#ffffff’ copyright=” animation=’no-animation’ av_uid=’av-wbb3kr’ admin_preview_bg=”][/av_image]