*** this page is under construction so we apologize for some incomplete info ***
in case help is needed please contact us
Quintet10 Assembly Instructions
Quintet10 build is similar to Quintet15, with few differences .
- It’s frame shape is similar but the frame is smaller and has only one bolt (and not two) connecting the middle side wall to the bottom and upper side wall from behind.
- The baffles are smaller too and woofers are mounted to the baffles at the front with serrated nuts at the back (baffles have no recess). When mounting the woofers, keep the cable terminals facing to ~7pm when looking at the woofers from the front (5pm when looking at their back)
- Horn2 is shipped mounted on the baffle
Some of the instructions below are for Quintet15 but these are similar to Quinntet10
Make sure you recognize all parts before proceeding with any assembly step.
Look at pictures here and on our web top make sure all is clear.
One of our customers made a very nice unboxing and assembly clip. We recommend you to watch it before assembly. In the newer versions the drivers mount to the front of the baffles therefor the clip is a bit outdated, though still very helpful.
- Assemble the Crossover so it is ready before you start the assembly of the speakers (PDF for Quintet10 Horn2)
- Assemble the Frame (see video below). The spikes on video are outdated but the principle stays the same
- Mount the Crossover to the Frame (see video below)
- Mount the Baffles on the Frame (in the case of Horn1 and Heil AMT mount the drivers to the baffles prior to mounting the baffles to the frame)
- Mount the Drivers on the Baffles, and make sure they are mounted into the recess (see video below)
- Connect all cables, and triple check all cables are connected correctly, i.e. plus to Red and minus to Black (see drawing below)
- Turn Volume to Zero and turn on the gear
- Slowly raise volume and check all drivers are playing
- Start the break in of at least 200 hours and enjoy the music !
‘Thrier’ Crossover Overview
The Thrier Crossover, is our new, three-in-one functions crossover board, with components being mounted onto gold plated screw terminals.
The Thrier Board is designed for first order two way crossover with the option to choose the circuit topology, Parallel or Series. When J1 is on 2W the woofers and the center driver channels will operate in a standard parallel topology, i.e. the two channels are separated. When pointing on S the crossover will be a typical First Order Series Crossover
You can experience both options and decide which one works better for you. We recommendation to start with Series Topology (J1 pointing on S).
The Thrier offers the option for a third channel, for 2.5 and 3 way first order crossovers or an additional tweeter/super tweeter when needed.[/av_textblock] [av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-pwmud2′] [av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-oraxjq’ admin_preview_bg=”]
‘Thrier’ Crossover Assembly
Identify the components:
- Lw is the big Coil for the Woofers (BS140 or BS125)
- Rm1 is the resistor in series with the main driver (full range or horn)
- Rm2 is the resistor in parallel with the main driver
- Cm is the Capacitor for the Center Driver, full range or Horn
- Lm is the small coil (L125 or L140) that ‘shaves’ the highs a bit and it is used in Quintet15 Voxativ only. If your center driver is Voxativ, mount Lm to it’s terminals and tighten it to the board with a Zip Tie
- In Quintet15 Horn1 J2 has to point on HB so Lm is bypassed
- In Quintet15 Voxativ we recommend to break in the speakers with J2 pointing on Lm but decide thereafter what position works better for you. We recommend to start with HB.
- J1 can be on S for Series XO configuration or 2W for Parallel XO configuration. Start with S and you can later on experiment the 2W.
- Mount Lw (the main Inductor). First connect the wires into the terminals and then insert and tighten the Lw to the Thrier Board
- Mount Rm1 at it’s terminals
- Mount Rm2 at it’s terminals
- Mount Cm (the main Capacitor) at it’s terminals
- When applicable, mount Lm and tighten it to the board with Zip Ties
- To avoid rattling make sure components are not touching one the other nor the board
- Double check position of all components and that there are no shortcuts between components wires and other terminals
You are ready to connect the cables to their terminals ![av_hr class=’short’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’ av_uid=’av-30g27q’ admin_preview_bg=”]
Quintet10 Horn2 Components (Download the PDF File with instructions for the Notch Filter) :
Lw: 5.6mH, Cm:22Mf, Rm1: 33 ohm (18R), Rm2: 5.6 ohm[/av_textblock] [/av_one_full] [av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-mba7h2′] [av_gallery ids=’18895,15588,15590,15593,15592,15591,9693′ style=’thumbnails’ preview_size=’portfolio’ crop_big_preview_thumbnail=’avia-gallery-big-crop-thumb’ thumb_size=’portfolio’ columns=’7′ imagelink=’lightbox’ lazyload=’avia_lazyload’ av_uid=’av-igyzxi’ admin_preview_bg=”] [/av_one_full]